Sunday 25 September 2011

little and friday cafe, Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand

My sister Sabina and I catch up most weekends to go to one of Auckland's many farmers markets, but today was a bit wet so we caught up at one of my new favourite little cafes instead - little and friday, a cute little out of the way cafe on the North Shore (43 Everslea Rd, Belmont).  We had the scrummiest quiche Lorainne there plus the usual coffee - great way to start a Sunday.  They also have by far the best doughnuts in New Zealand.  These are seriously worth taking a special trip for!
We had a great time taking snapshots and I'm sure Sab will be a regular blogger partner in crime (the first picture is hers!)



Idea of the day: Cinnamint Water
 I really like the eclectic decor at little and friday. It's an inspired, white washed space with lots of cool kitch. Check out this good idea for table water - mint and cinnamon - served up in old milk bottles.  It tasted surprisingly nice!
I'll have to remember this for the summer bbq's which are coming up shortly.







Check out these doughnuts. They are full of chantilly cream and jam and the crust is just the right level of crispy decadence to make your taste buds wish it was Sunday more often.
Of course I brought one back for Al.....
He generally looks forward to a 'pain au raisin' pastry from the Takapuna Market, but I don't think he will complain about this as an alternative!

No comments:

Post a Comment